Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2017

The end of a great pastel class

Morning Meeting 5x7 Pastel


My current pastel class has come to an end.  What a great class that was! So many talented students and each willing to share and learn from each other.  Katie Cassidy was the instructor and really gives that one on one attention - her work amazes me- the way all her paintings sparkle! If you ever have the chance to take a class at the Art Academy in Easton, Md. I highly recommend it.  My next class starts next Wednesday with Nick Serratorre as the instructor.  We're going to be working on various underpainting methods so stay tuned- I'll share all that I learn.


Here's Katie giving me some pointers



I'm super late posting tonight- I had to register for the next pastel class and order more supplies.  Dick Blick was having a great sale and I couldn't resist- 5 days from now I will receive a new easel! I'm excited!  No more having to use my flimsy walmart easel - I've had a pair of flipflops on the front legs of the easel so it wouldn't slide around - it looks like the easel will walk off at any given moment - kind of embarrassing when people come to visit and want to know why the easel is wearing a pair of rubber flip flops, but I'm (almost) sure all artists start out this way.......

No comments:

Post a Comment