Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Smoky Mountain Overlook

Smoky Mountain Whisper 9x12 pastel


Whispering Pines

The wind blows,
and the trees whisper my name.
A sound of serenity bounces on and off my ear drum.

I hear peace,
and nothing else.
The soothing sound relaxes me as the trees dance with the wind.

Inhale,
Exhale,
I take a deep breath.

My eyes open as I finally comprehend,
It all depends,
if  you're ready or not,
but it will come.

~name of author unknown


There is nothing more breathtaking than standing at the top of a mountain overlook. I could just stand in one spot for hours and take it all in. This painting is of a photo I took at one of  the many overlooks in the Smokies. The places where you just pull your car over and stop briefly.  I took my Girl Scout troop to Pigeon Forge this past summer to camp and to experience Dollywood of course, and we stopped here at this overlook for some photos on our way to Cherokee NC. Special memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment