Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sprouting Wings~ taking the plunge

I thought it fitting to paint this beautiful little wren for the grand unveiling of this blog. I say grand because to me, technology is frightening.....but I'm pressing on. This will be a great tool for me to keep track of my progress in pastel painting and I'm making a pledge to myself to paint everyday.

This poor little bird flew into my house one afternoon when a sliding door was left opened. My son and I ran from room to room trying to capture it - they're so fast! It unfortunately flew into the wall and fell to the ground. We were sure the poor thing was dead. My son gently picked it up in his hands and after about a minute it lifted it's head. We quickly took it outside and set it down on the ground. It rested there for a long while giving me plenty of time to take a couple photos. I doubt this will be the last time you see this little guy.

1 comment: