Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Painting 12 of 31 in 31 Days

Among the Thistles 9x6 pastel available $25.00



I finished this painting yesterday morning, but didn't get a chance to post it because I got side tracked coming up with a costume idea for a Halloween themed wedding I attended last night. This was my first Halloween wedding, and I have to say, it was a lot of fun. I ended up being a scarecrow.

For this painting, I was inspired by an artist I follow on Instagram.  He paints such beautiful birds and leaves very little detail in the background.  I wanted to try to paint minimal details but still get the feeling you were in a grove of thistles, and play with colors that I don't usually use like the turquoise and the yellow.  I'll be practicing backgrounds more this week.

On another note, I have to confess that sometimes I feel like I'm boring readers with the bombardment of paintings on Facebook and Instagram, but I've received such wonderful comments this week from various people about how they look forward to seeing the paintings.  Hearing these kind words really gives me the confidence to keep moving forward.  I thank all of you this week for those kind words.




1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed, you keep right on doing what you are doing.. I am a big fan and enjoy seeing you improve with every piece that you do.

    ReplyDelete