Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

A Visit to Newark

Sunday Stroll in Newark pastel 9x6 available $25.00



I recently had the chance to hang out with one of my "girls" from my old Girl Scout troop up at her college. The University of Delaware.  We had a great time! She gave a tour of the college and the lab she's working in and we hit some little shops and of course a quaint historic restaurant with an amazing back story.  It's so amazing to me to watch my "little scouts" grow up and become such extraordinary women. 

Our troop loved hiking - or at least I told myself that as I pushed them onto various trails that would challenge them and hopefully have them appreciate a life away from the electronics!  So I really enjoyed the hike "Mel" chose during our visit.  A beautiful little park tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I can't remember just now the name of the park (she'll have to remind me) but I took a ton of photos and this is the first painting from those photos.  There will definitely be more to come in the near future. Thank you Mel for a special day - really proud of what you're accomplishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment