Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

Day 11 of 31 in 31

Nearing the End 14x11 acrylic palette knife painting available $75.00



One of my favorite flowers is the peony.  I have just one peony plant in my gardens -  I get so thrilled when they begin to bloom, and a bit sad when they start to wilt.  But they are filled with gorgeous colors no matter what stage they are in - well except during the winter when the plant is completely gone.  This is a palette knife painting of my last peony bloom of the season.  I really love the texture you can get with the palette knife - thick wonderful globs of paint.  If you've never tried the palette knife, I challenge you to give it a try.  Watch a couple of You Tube videos from the pros, and then jump right in.  So much fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you are doing so well with the palette knife. Maybe you have found your medium, or maybe you are just good at all mediums! I think it is your openness to trying new things and your dedication and excitement about your creativity. Keep it up. I can't wait to see your next piece,

    ReplyDelete