Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

September Sky







I thought I'd share a step by step pastel painting.  This is of a view I had while taking a walk down the road.  The sky was just beautiful.  And what was left of the wild flowers along the road popped with colors - I just had to paint it!












First layer of color laid down







 I've been trying to work on speed (I'm such a slow painter) and laid down the lights and darks.






Gamsol applied with a brush

I left the center of the sky alone because that was the brightest point and I really wanted that part to stand out and catch the eye.  That's what really caught me eye on my walk.  It was at this point that I began adding more color starting from the top of the painting and working my way down, and was so involved in the process that I forgot to take more step by step photos.









I really try to repeat the colors found in the sky to the ground so I added some of the purple and the blue from the clouds to surround the flowers - hopefully achieving a little harmony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment