Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Day 2 of 31 paintings in 31 days

For the Love of Poppies pastel 9x6 available $25.00




I finally got my hands on some poppy plants this summer from Walmart and was so excited to plant them! All I could think about was the beautiful pictures I would take for future paintings - oh how I love paintings of poppies!  I researched for the perfect spot in the yard to plant my 3 little plants and with garden gloves in hand and my shovel I placed them into my landscape.  I kept thinking about how small they were right now, but next summer they would be huge and so full of blooms.

I walked out to them a few times that day just in case a new flower might have opened, and I'd taken a couple of pictures.  The next afternoon at watering time I only counted 2 plants! Wait a minute! Where did the 3rd plant go?  Where once a pretty little poppy was blooming was now an empty hole.  I was upset, but thought I still have 2, and once they reach a good size I'll divide them and make more plants.  NO,...... the next day another poppy was replaced with a bare patch of dirt!  It was then that I realized the moles were making a meal of my precious little poppies!  I was ready to wage war against them!  I moved the 3rd poppy to a different garden and stomped on all the mole trails I could find.  In the end, they won, for on the 3rd day my last poppy was also stolen.  At least I had a couple of days for just a few pictures. This painting is the result of one of my pictures.  I'm in the mood for poppies today, so I'm headed to the easel to do another poppy painting, but I think I'll put the pastels away today and bring out the acrylics. It's been quite a while since I've painted with them.  Check in tomorrow to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment