Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Days 7&8 of 31 paintings in 31 days

Gerbera Daisy in Red 11x14 acrylic available $55.00


I know what you're asking yourself..... I posted days 7 & 8 but only have 1 painting shown.  This is what happened - - I spent most of the afternoon on Sunday attempting to paint a pumpkin scene - "attempting" is the key word here.  It was really awful. It needed to be changed, and I didn't want to waste the canvas I was painting on.  Solution ? Cover it all up in white paint and start fresh.  The only problem with that solution was I tried painting the pumpkin with the palette knife so it was very think and you could still see the outlines and textures after covering it all over. I wracked my brain as to what to do - A flower was the answer.  The entire center of this flower used to be a very ugly pumpkin.  The moral of this story?  You can never go wrong when using paint - if it's not coming out like you've envisioned, then cover it up and start fresh.  So this is the story behind days 7 & 8. Day 7 was a day of painting an ugly looking pumpkin, and day 8 was finding a solution so I wouldn't have to post the ugly pumpkin and be completely embarrassed. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment