Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

My Favorite Pastel Cleaning Supply

Bay Gold 9x11 pastel available $75.00





Pastels are a messy business.  I probably wash my hands at least 50 times for each painting, and with dirty hands comes dirty pastels. In the past I've tried paper towels and old rags, but my favorite pastel cleaning supply is a good ole roll of toilet paper.  It's cheap and it lasts a really long time.  Clean up is a breeze.  After each painting is completed, just rip off the used squares and your ready for the next one.  It's also more compact for when you need to pack supplies for plein air, art classes or just a traveling paint day.






Here is a yellow pastel.  Doesn't look like it from the picture - I know.  Yellows seem to get the dirtiest the fastest.  No sooner do I put a mark on the painting and I'm having to clean it for the next stroke.









One swipe and you can finally see the true color.  Toilet paper is no longer just for the bathroom.








What is your favorite pastel cleaning supply?

No comments:

Post a Comment