Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

Lily Pads and Freebie Friday

Tranquil Kisses 12x18 pastel available $185.00



A couple of weeks ago, I visited a friends house and happened to notice a poster on the wall of lily pads.  I was instantly put in the mood to paint some.  I found a great reference photo on pixaby - I fell in love with all the purples! I pulled out a piece of the new black UArt paper in a 12x18 from my recent delivery and went to work.



Initial Drawing 






There were so many colors in each lily pad, that I went pad by pad laying in the colors.






After the colors were laid in on the flower, it was at this point that I thought I was done, but after letting it sit for a while and looking it over, I felt like the flower had been forced into the painting. I decided to gently use my fingers to soften and blend the colors together to give a more hazy look.  I'm very happy with the end result. See the finished painting at the top of this post.








Today is Freebie Friday!  If this is your first time visiting my blog, I'll explain the rules of the game.
One Friday a month I post a painting for a give a way and all you have to do is comment "pick me" if you'd like to be put into the drawing.  Today's Freebie is of a sunflower that I completed last year. Winner will be announced tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment