Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Experimenting with Copper Foil Paint

Sparrow's Song 9x12 pastel available $85.00



The wind is blowing so hard outside and I am craving the warmth of the sun and songs of the birds.
A couple of days ago, I tried foil paint in the underpainting step of a pastel painting and liked the results so much that I thought I'd try it once again.  

I've had beautiful sparrows visiting my bird feeders lately and thought they'd be the next subject for yet another experiment.  I was so anxious to try the foil paint again, that I forgot to take step by step photos.  I used copper foil paint to paint a large mass on the sparrow's wings and little spots along the tree branches.  I love the shimmer as light hits it at just the right angle.  Uh oh..... UPS just pulled up into the driveway..... you know what THAT means..... my order from Dakota Pastels has finally arrived!!!!! YES! New supplies to play with!  Check in with you tomorrow.  Have a glorious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment