Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Challenge in Green

Green Pastures 5.5 x 9 inches pastel Available $45.00

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!  I decided to celebrate this holiday by doing an Irish landscape entirely in greens. Well...... almost, I decided to add a touch of rust at the very end.  I have some errands to run today, so I chose to work a little smaller.  I found this beautiful scene from an Irish farm on Pixaby and got to work.





A quick sketch







The greens used in this painting along with the rust color



I'll leave you today with my favorite Irish Ditty:


May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face, 
and rains fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of His hand.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment