Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Memories with Friends

Mele e Uva 9x9 Pastel available $65.00




I had the most amazing day yesterday.  It started with a lunch date with an artist friend of mine, Elaine and ended with dinner and music with friends from my husbands Fire Dept.

Elaine had chosen Panera Bread as our lunch destination - good food and great conversation. We then headed over to her house for a painting session in her amazing art studio.  I should have taken some pictures, but was to "into" what we were doing.  She set up a still life using things she's acquired over the years - lots of bottles, bowls, fabrics and fake foods.  She's got it all!  Then we got down to business.  I worked very fast setting in the objects and colors with the intention of finishing it later at my own easel, but when I got home I was pleased with how it turned out and decided to leave it just as it was.

The evening rounded out with some awesome reggae music, good food and lots of laughter at Twain's Tavern in Pasadena, Md. Make the trip to try this place out, but if you're middle aged like myself, I recommend leaving by 8:30 on the weekends because that's when the young and wild crowd start to trickle in.  Oh the sights we saw..... better left in my head - but we took our cue and headed home early.  The live music was Orlando Phillips - excellent! I ended up buying his CD and have played it over and over again.  There's something about reggae music that just frees you.  It's put me in the mood to paint a beach scene, so after I finish what I have on the easel today, I'm gonna pop in Orlando's music and transport myself mentally to the Bahamas and paint the beach.

Have an awesome day today - do something memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment