Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Buttercups Plein Air

Buttercups 6x6 pastel available $10.00


I had some time before work yesterday to do a quick plein air study of these beautiful little buttercups.  I happened to notice this small patch of them growing in my field and loved the bright yellows. Sometimes you just have to get on your belly to get the best view! This one is only 6x6 because it's easier for me to paint smaller plein air style, but when it came time to sign it, I realized my name was just too long - - it took up an entire half of the bottom portion of the painting, so I had to brush it off, repaint that section and initial this one.  So what's getting started on the easel today?  You'll have to check back tomorrow - but I will say it involves a lot of color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment