Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Plein Air at Night

View from Muskrat Park 8x10 pastel available $25.00



What an amazing night!  First, the Plein Air Painters of the Chesapeake Bay met for dinner at Sam's in St. Michaels, Md. We had the best time talking art.  This group is so great and is really helping me gain some footing in my journey as an artist.  Let me just say that Sam's really has the best gyros ever!  So with full bellies and a plan to paint a night scene, we headed down to Muskrat Park.  This was my first visit here, and I was a little worried from the name that we might have muskrats running around our feet, but the locals said there hasn't been a muskrat there in years so I felt safe ( I've never seen a muskrat, and I'll have to do a little research on them later).

Once at the park our little group of 5 women walked the area to find the scene we wanted to paint, set up our gear and got to work.  After about 40 minutes I had to bring out the head lamp - great tool if you're going to paint at night.  We had to work fast and everyone finished in just over an hour.  Kate actually had time to paint 2!  Thank you Diane, Kate, Elaine and Judy for a great night of painting! I can't wait for next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment