Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Emerald Morning

Emerald Morning pastel 16x12 available $75.00


Although I haven't posted since Monday, that doesn't mean I haven't been hard at work painting.  I make it a priority to paint every day - how else will you improve?  I look forward to my painting sessions everyday.

This is Tuesday's painting; Emerald Morning.  I came across this photo on the Wet Canvas web site which is filled with reference photos, and I was captivated by it.  It gave me the feeling of what it might be like to take a walk in Ireland.  I primed a canvas panel first with pastel acrylic primer in elephant gray.  The primer is made by Art Spectrum.   It had a very different feel to it while painting, and I think that when I prime again I will do 2 coats of primer.  But I will say, it is definitely more cost effective than the already sanded papers and boards.  I still prefer the sanded papers, but when funds are tight this is a great alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment