Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

Painting reflections

Heading for Shore 9x12 Pastel

Whew! This painting was amazingly fun to do, but at the same time a huge challenge.  Everything in and around the water is actually reflections.  The shore is still a ways off for these hurrying little geese.  I thought I'd share my reference photo so you could get an idea of how challenging this was.  I really do love this picture - it's always drawn my attention.

Here's the reference photo:






I cut down on the water movement around the geese because I didn't want them to get lost in all the commotion. 

I really should call it a night, but I've chosen tomorrow's painting subject and I'm really excited for this one - something very close to my heart. So I may go ahead and get it drawn out, but you'll have to check back tomorrow ~ I don't want to ruin the surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment