Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

Painting Snow Without White

Morning Surprise 5x7 pastel available $25.00


This windy, cold weather put me in the mood to paint some snow, but a couple of weeks ago, by son knocked my only white pastel off the easel breaking it into tiny tiny pieces. So what do you do?  I've always heard from other pastel artists to never use white because it makes your painting dull, but if you have to use it, use it only for highlights.  Well I didn't even have white for the highlights, so I looked at my collection of pastels and chose my lightest blue for the whitest snow and light gray and blue/violet for the shadows.  I think it turned out pretty convincing.

This will be the week for my painting give a way in honor of Thanksgiving- easy rules to become eligible to win a free painting.  Just click the follow button on my blog and your name will be pooled with the other followers and if your name is picked from the hat YOU WIN! It's just that simple.  I will be painting the give a way painting today, so check back tomorrow for the reveal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment