Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Change Your Ending

Warming the Chill 5x7 pastel available $25.00
Well.... I had a goal to complete 31 paintings in 31 days, and with a little disappointment, I didn't reach my goal.  So what do you do? Throw in the towel? Give up all hopes and dreams of making a mark in the art world? NO! You continue on your journey and create new goals - you grow and evolve into the artist you're destined to become or at least dream of becoming.  I came across this quote that was shared on Instagram yesterday and I love it so much that I copied it and have it taped it next to my computer.



"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending."  ~ C.S. Lewis



The painting for today was completed from a reference photo I found on Pixabay. This is a newfound love for me.  All reference photos are free to use.  Sometimes you need photos of subjects different than your own, and this is the place to find them.  I've been wanting to do a painting of a coffee mug for quite some time.  I'm not a coffee drinker (unless the mug is filled 3/4's full of creamer) but I love paintings of them. Also on my easel today is a commission piece I was asked to do for a client that wants to give as a Christmas gift.  She supplied the photo, and I think it's turning out beautiful!  That one won't be posted until after Christmas - can't ruin the surprise for the receiver. If you have a picture of a subject matter that you would like to give as a painted gift to someone special for Christmas, I am more than willing to work with you.  Just supply me with the photo (messenger works well) and I will take care of the rest.  I will also send periotic photos of the progress to make sure you are happy with the results.  No payments are involved until you've given your final thumbs up.  Prices for my paintings average around .50 per square inch, so for example a 9x12 painting = 108 inches total so divided by .50 equals $54.00.  Easy and affordable for a one of a kind present. 




No comments:

Post a Comment