Pages

Sunday, November 5, 2017

#15 Inspiration From Commercials

Alone All Day pastel on sandpaper 9x11 available $55.00



Why do they do it? They know they're going to make you cry, pull on your heart strings.... those commercials....you know.... especially the one's with the abused animals!  Why? You want to walk out of the room when they come on, but you can't break away from those eyes! Oh those eyes!  You just want to run to the nearest shelter and bring every single animal they have back home.  Minus the snakes of course.  But definitely the cute and cuddly. It was just such a commercial that inspired me to capture those sad eyes.  I searched Wet Canvas for the perfect reference photo.  If you haven't been on that sight before, you would do yourself good to check it out.  Lots of art information on that sight!  While painting, I was trying to imagine what caused the sadness in this dog, and came up with the title Alone All Day.  What a cute little face!





2 comments:

  1. You've done it again, Wendy. Wonderful representation f a sad dog. My husband and I have a hard time watching those sad dog commercials too. We look at our pets and know that they have it so good. When a cat or dog comes to us, it becomes part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elaine - I can't tell you how much I appreciate the feed back from my fellow artists.

    ReplyDelete