Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Evening Thaw 9x11 pastel on Black Sandpaper available $50.00



I happened to be in the mood to paint some snow today.  I wanted a quick composition since I was short on time.  This is the reference photo that I chose to work with below.





The photo was very dark and this made it difficult to view details, so I blocked in the large shapes and then pushed the reference photo to the side and just used my imagination to fill in the rest.  It was a very relaxing session just trying this and that and placing various color combinations next to each other to see how they'd work.  This is my challenge for all my artist friends out there..... take a really crummy photo and then make it your own by pushing that reference photo to the side.  I'd love for you to share your results here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment