Pages

Friday, August 23, 2019

Memories of Fire Island Here in Caroline County

Fire Island 5x7 Pastel available $45.00







Memories, memories, memories........painting this scene today had me thinking back to my days of being a Girl Scout leader and spending lots and lots of time at our Girl Scout camp.  We had the privilege to hold our meetings at the camp so we had access to all the benefits of the camp had to offer.  And what a posh campground it was/is.

We had the most unbelievable, most fantastic ranger that took care of the property - he went above and beyond building zip lines, obstacle courses, art easels for outdoor painting and a ferry that you could ride to cross the lake to Fire Island.  In the center of this island was a firepit complete with benches for smores and singing. 

I hadn't been to the camp for a while, so Zach and I went for a visit.  We hiked from one end to the other taking in the beautiful scenery and talking about all our memories.  And with 13 years of leading a troop I have lots and lots of memories. 

I have just a couple progress photos.......I get into my zone and forget to stop to take a picture.

quick sketch






added in the first layer of color and started filling in the background trees - saving the foreground trees for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment