Pages

Monday, June 5, 2017

No Name Monday



Last weekend I went camping with the family to Elysburg, Pa.  I had planned on completing a painting every day, but the weather was not cooperating. It was rainy and a bit on the chilly side but I did manage to complete 1 painting.  Of course the fun really started when we got home from camping and I found the hot water tank had unloaded EVERY WHERE! This week has been a mess of pulling up floors (which were only one year old) and trying to dry everything out.  I have "stuff" just pulled out and in the way - a complete mess so too much kaos to get the painting supplies out.  I'm going to try to clear a space today and try to work in between everything else.  On the bright side of things, the Art Academy of Easton where I attend classes held an outdoor studio sale this past Sat. and I sold two paintings!  That was exciting and I was very thankful for being able to take part in the event.  There were so very many talented artists ! Here's a couple of pictures of that event.


The bottom picture is my table with my son Zach - he was an awesome salesperson! and helper.  I had designed an entirely different table with a large board and silk flowers to decorate, but it was so windy that everything kept blowing over so we had to lay the paintings flat.  We learned a lot from this experience and will use that knowledge for the next sale.  I really enjoyed meeting and talking with the shoppers and appreciated all the wonderful comments on my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment