Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Spying on my Neighbor

At First Light 9x12 pastel available $50.00




I really hope my neighbor doesn't mind ending up in a painting.  I've always wanted to do a painting of him as he works his fields and on this day, the sun was shining so amazingly beautiful against the dark tractor.  So I put it to paper.  I tried to stay loose and not be bogged down with detail.  The morning mist was rising just off in the distance. 

Today is plein air day - I had to work late so I wasn't able to join the rest of the group so I'm setting up in the yard to do a nocturnal plein air.  I read a post from an artist on Instagram on how she uses regular sand paper - I just so happen to have a pack of BLACK sand paper - so guess what I'm doing this evening?  Check in tomorrow to see the results.  I'm really excited to try this out - - I went out and set up and did a quick sketch - now I'm just waiting for the sun to fully set to begin.  It's almost time..... tick.....tick.....tick

No comments:

Post a Comment