Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Painting Title Chosen

                                             Spring Surprise 6x6 pastel available $15.00 Sold

Many thanks to all those that participated in this weeks "No Name Monday".  It was such a difficult choice!  Monday's painting has been named "Bewilder Me Blue".  It was such a catchy name.  Thank you Debbie!

Above is a painting I did plein air.  This single tulip comes up every year at the edge of our woods.  Nobody knows how it got there, but it's so beautiful and huge! It's become quite an event in my house waiting for this tulip to open every spring. 

Well after quite a crappy weekend, yesterday I had a surprise filled day.  First, I received a delivery.


Two packs of UArt pastel paper, Sennlier pastels (yippee!) and The Pastel Book by Bill Creevy, which I've read in other artist's blogs that this is the book to have. I couldn't wait to test out the new pastels, so I spent yesterday playing with them - and let me just say they are like painting with a stick of butter!  Then, later in the afternoon, one of my favorite pastel artists Rita Kirkman started following me on Instagram!  Love her work - she does amazing paintings of farm animals and she inspires me to push the limits of color.  Look her up - -  you just can't help yourself but to smile when you see her animal portraits.


No comments:

Post a Comment