Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

What's Been Happening This Past Month

Two Roses in a Plastic Cup 8x8 palette knife painting in oil available $65.00





This past month has been a busy one in my little art world.  This past Saturday was a very successful day at this years Studio Sale at the Art Academy in Easton, Md. My wonderful pastel instructor Katie Cassidy puts in a lot of hard work to give the instructors at the Academy and the students a day to sell their works of art.  I had a goal to sell at least 1 more than I sold last year, which was 3.  This year I sold 11 and also had a commission request!  I couldn't be more thrilled. I'm already writing down plans and ideas for next years sale.  Here's some pics from the sale.


This was my table display

My son, Zach is my Sales Manager ~ He's a born salesman! He was working on his own artwork during the sale.

The street filled with shoppers


Last week I participated in a Plein Air Paint A Long class with Diane Dubois Mullaly and Sheryl Southwick, both instructors at the Academy.  What an enlightening experience.  The group visited 3 locations and painted outdoors with a critique at the end of class.  Lessons learned?  Check and double check supplies - one day I forgot to pack my paper towels and had oil paint medium everywhere! I also learned that I need a lot more outdoor painting experience - I will admit that I am not fast when it comes to producing a painting and really felt the anxiety having only 3 hours to complete something.  My work, I will say, looked like a 5 year old was painting, but I have listened to the wise words of the instructors and have worked on the pieces some more here at home and will post them when they are completed ( at least completed in my mind) It is my goal this summer to practice, practice, practice plein air painting and work on my speed.  Here's some pictures of the amazing places we were privileged to visit.

Day 1:


The Main House

1 of many beautiful horses

Our class during our lunch break in the "Man Cave"

Our host along with one of his pet "hunting" falcons 
 Day 2:


The Main House "Harleigh House" I spent 2 hours walking around taking pictures.

View from the back yard

A tree full of sculptures along one of the many woodland trails

Beautiful climbing rose covered buildings
 Day 3:


My "view" choice at Adkins Arboretum 
I have taken hundreds of photos this past month, and I can't wait to share them with you painted.  Work hard and never give up on achieving your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment