Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2018

80% Pleinair / 20% Whimsy

Blue Bird and Blooms Pastel 5x7 available $25.00




The unthinkable happened when I arrived at our painting location for PAPCB (Plein Air Painters of the Chesapeake Bay)  on Tuesday morning.  I forgot my phone at home!  Why does that make a difference?  Well I couldn't take any pictures of the location - and pictures are a MUST just in case you don't finish in the allotted time frame, which is always the case with me.  I painted this one 80% pleinair and 20% whimsy.  After I was home, I added the background grasses and the blue bird, just because without it, the painting looked a little boring. I think this will make an adorable notecard. What do you think?

The location was in Trappe Maryland -beautiful property with beautiful views of the water.  This property had an English garden kind of feel to it and also had what I think the said was Scandinavian Mountain Sheep which, to me, look a lot like goats with lions tails! I've never seen anything like that - I'm used to our sheep and goats tailless.


Next Friday night is the opening reception for our groups art show at the Nature Conservatory in Easton, Md. It will run the whole month of July.  If you live close by, you should try to come out and see the art work and meet the wonderful artists.  There will be music, wine, and snacks.  The painting below is one of paintings I chose to put in the show.  This one I shared on Facebook last week that I painted from my front yard.  I added the butterflies later that night.  All paintings in the show are for sale by each individual artist.  I'm really excited about this show and I hope to see some of you there!

Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment