Pages

Friday, January 26, 2018

A Peek Inside my Studio

In the Midst of Silence 18x12 inches available $165.00



For the last couple of months The Pastel Society of America has been posting pictures of artists studios. Most of them are very large spaces with lots of natural light flooding in and hundreds of paintings hanging on the walls.  I thought it would be fun to share my own studio space.  I get quite a chuckle when I talk about my studio space because it's literally a 2 feet by 2 feet space.






My studio is located in my dining room.  Why you might ask?  Well I have a very small house and that's the one room with the best light.  My easel is the first thing you see when you walk into the house.  





Here you have my "office" space just a few steps from the easel.  You can just make out finished paintings stored on the bottom shelve of the desk waiting to be packaged. This is where I'm sitting at this very moment.  





So where do you hide your stash of pastels?  In the drawers of your desk of course!  That is if you are a pastel artist living in a small space. I dream of one day having a "proper" studio, but in the mean time, I work with what I have.  And you can too.  Have you been putting off your dreams of creating because you don't think you have the room to keep the supplies?  Don't put it off any longer - there are ways to hide the mess.  I joke with my children that I can't wait for one of them to move out so I can turn their room into a studio, but truthfully I like the location of my easel.  Right in the heart of all the action.  I would love to hear about your crafting spaces or like in my case, your lack of crafting space and how you make due.




No comments:

Post a Comment