Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

No Name Monday





I haven't had a chance to post a No-Name Monday painting in a while - so here it is.  For a bit of a back story on this one..... This is the first painting that I decided to add to after I had signed it.  Usually when a painting is signed that's that, but this painting needed something more.  SNOW.  Falling snow to be more precise. 






This is the painting before the falling snow was added.  Not sure why the over all color of the picture looks a bit golden, but you get the idea.  I thought I was finished, but as I kept looking at it, I knew it still needed that extra punch. 

So how do you achieve the look of falling snow using pastels?  I scrapped the side of a baby blue Rembrandt with a palette knife.  I really love the big chunks that show up here and there.  After the scrapping, I laid a piece of wax paper over the painting and pushed in the snow with the same pallet knife.  I love this effect!  But this painting still needs a name.  Submit your best idea and I'll have my name choosers (my children) pick their favorite.  On your mark..... get set.....GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment